For people looking for a safe, nonsurgical fat reduction procedure, CoolSculpting offers them a way to contour their bodies without surgery or anesthesia. If you’re considering CoolSculpting as an alternative to other fat reduction treatments, here’s what you need to know.
What is CoolSculpting?
Nearly four million CoolSculpting procedures have been conducted worldwide. In the U.S., the treatment was cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2012. It works by freezing and killing fat cells in a process known as “cryolipolysis.”
CoolSculpting has been shown to reduce stubborn fat in different areas of the body by up to 25 percent. The procedure is not a weight-loss treatment. Rather, it’s designed for people near or at their ideal body weight who want to reduce fat in one or more FDA-cleared treatment areas:
- Chin and jawline
- Underneath the buttocks
- Upper arms
One of the greatest benefits of choosing CoolSculpting is that it’s less invasive than traditional fat reduction methods like liposuction, body lifts, and tummy tucks. The procedure takes about 35 to 60 minutes, depending on the areas you want to target. There’s no recovery, as there’s no damage to tissue or skin. Once completed, it can take up to six months for the fat cells to entirely leave your body.
How to Prepare for CoolSculpting
Five simple steps will help you prepare for your CoolSculpting treatment:
- Lose any extra weight. CoolSculpting does not help you lose weight; it sculpts your body by removing subcutaneous fat just below the skin.
- Stop taking certain supplements and medicines as they can interfere with blood flow and increase the risk of bruising.
- Take care of your skin. Avoid sun exposure or tanning beds. And postpone treatment if you have cuts or bruises in the areas being treated.
- Choose a distraction during treatment. Since a CoolSculpting session can take up to an hour to complete, you might want to bring along a book or your digital device to catch up on a favorite show or movie.
- Have a post-treatment exercise and diet plan. It can take up to 16 weeks for fat to completely go away and a final outcome to be seen. Create a diet and exercise plan to follow during that time and stick with it afterward to maintain results.
Book Your CoolSculpting Procedure Today!
Ready to address those stubborn fat areas that don’t respond to diet and exercise? Talk with one of the doctors at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery. We’ll discuss whether CoolSculpting is right for you and answer any questions you might have about what to expect. We’re committed to ensuring your CoolSculpting treatment experience at our medical spa is a comfortable and positive one!
We invite you to schedule an appointment today to learn more about CoolSculpting and all the cosmetic surgery procedures we offer.