Napa Solano Plastic Surgery offers some essential suggestions for taking the best care and protecting your skin to preserve a healthful, youthful look. These hints address application procedures and are divided into ones that you should do and others that you shouldn’t.
- Apply facial products by density from thinnest to thickest. For example, if you use a light, easily absorbed water or oil-based serum, it should be applied first. Next might be a tretinoin to clarify skin pores, and finally, apply your moisturizer.
- When applying more than one product, allow one to two minutes for the prior product to dry before adding the next.
- While applying your products to your facial area, make sure you extend the applications down to your neck and décolletage.
- Develop both morning and evening application routines. For example, you’re A.M. application might consist of a cleanser, toner, Vitamin C, hydroquinone, moisturizer, and an SPF protection product.
Your P.M. routine may involve a cleanser, toner, serum ((hyaluronic acid, growth factors, niacinamide, etc.), tretinoin, and moisturizer.
- Make sure you always read the ingredients in the products you use to verify the concentration and instructions for applying.
- Too much exposure to direct sunlight is your skin’s worst nightmare. Always reapply sunscreen every two hours.
- Don’t neglect the area under your eyes. A quality eye serum offers the best results.
- Don’t over-exfoliate or pull on your skin excessively while applying your products. Be gentle to your skin, especially around the eyes.
- Don’t forget to pay close attention to any product’s storage instructions and shelf-life.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to your ears and other areas that may be exposed.
Protecting your skin from the hazards of too much sunlight is your most important strategy. Let your SPF products always be part of your skincare regimen.
Napa Solano Plastic Surgery
Aging is inevitable, and we all wish to live long, happy lives and look healthy. A methodical skincare routine effectively maintains that healthy, youthful glow well into your latter decades.
The highly regarded physicians and technicians at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery recognize additional ways to keep your skin looking and feeling its best as time passes.
Skin resurfacing or chemical peel is Napa Solano’s less invasive option designed to counter the effects of sun exposure and damage, causing it to wrinkle, develop “age” spots and even cause the individual to appear fatigued.
TCA Chemical Peel
Napa Solano’s TCA (trichloroacetic acid) chemical peel is a physician-administered deep resurfacing facial procedure that is effective for removing wrinkles, uneven pigmentation, sun damage spots, blemishes, and superficial acne scars.
This procedure is more aggressive and successful than the exfoliative peels offered by many non-physicians everywhere. While not as aggressive as a laser resurfacing process, the procedure demands a shorter recovery time and is performed while the patient is under only mild oral sedation.
During the very safe TCA chemical peel procedure, which can be performed in Napa Solano’s Medical Spa setting, the physician applies the TCA chemical, after which the patient returns home for a five-to-seven-day recovery during which the outer layer of skin will peel away gently.
Learn more about Napa Solano Plastic Surgery’s various options for skin enhancement and their professional staff of physicians and technicians by visiting the company’s website. While online, you may request a private consultation with one of the professionals.
Or, you may phone Napa Solano Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation at (707) 258-6053.