CoolSculpting is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat reduction treatment that harnesses the power of cryolipolysis. It was developed by two Harvard medical doctors and has a proven track record of effectiveness.
Our patients love CoolSculpting because it requires:
No artificial substances
No prolonged down time
Its proven track record of effectiveness provides:
2 million treatments performed worldwide
Studied in more than 4,000 clinical trial patients
75-95% patient satisfaction
The doctors at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery are dedicated to the health and happiness of patients at our practice. They are always alert to new procedures and treatments that give individuals the ability to transform their appearance, subtly or dramatically. One such treatment is cryolipolysis, a non-invasive solution that uses cold to freeze away unwanted body fat.
Cryolipolysis is an effective method for spot-treating problem areas such as love handles and bra bulge that cannot be corrected with diet and exercise. Rumor has it that the process was discovered when doctors studied children eating ice pops and noticed that those who ate the most experienced a loss of fat in their cheeks.
5 Areas of the Body Treated with CoolSculpting
Based on clinical trials, a single CoolSculpting treatment can reduce 25% of targeted fat cells in 2-4 months in troublesome areas including:
What makes CoolSculpting for body contouring especially popular is that the fat cells are removed permanently. When you lose and gain weight, you don’t lose and gain fat cells. The size of the cells may change, but not the number.
The Science behind CoolSculpting
Clinical research confirms that CoolSculpting provides noticeable reduction of unwanted fat. Nearly a dozen studies confirm that CoolSculpting provides measurable fat reduction over the course of 2 to 4 months after the treatment.
During a CoolSculpting treatment, a non-invasive applicator cools the targeted fat tissue without disrupting the skin, nerves, muscles, and other tissue. Over time, the cooled fat cells die. The body then gradually and naturally eliminates the dead cells. This reduces the thickness of the unwanted fat layer.
Additional treatments may be administered 2 to 4 months after the initial treatment to achieve greater fat reduction.
Other Options for Body Contouring
Traditionally, the only way to reshape your body was with invasive surgical procedures:
- Tummy Tuck
- Arm Lift
- Body Lift
- Thigh Lift
CoolSculpting does not take the place of surgery, but as a non-surgical alternative patients can avoid the potential negatives of surgery.
- Recovery time
- Risk of complications
Learn More About CoolSculpting
Are You A Good Candidate for CoolSculpting?
If you are in good health and have realistic expectations about the benefits you will receive from a fat freezing treatment, you are likely to be an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting. During your initial consultation, our staff will go over your medical history, lifestyle, and aesthetic goals to ensure that this is the right treatment for you.
It should be noted that CoolSculpting is not intended to be a weight-loss treatment. It is generally most effective on people who are within 30 pounds of their ideal body weight, but have areas of excess fat that don’t respond to diet or exercise.
CoolSculpting is not for everyone. Let us know if you suffer from cryoglobulinemia or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria.
CoolSculpting vs. Other Body Contouring Treatments
- CoolSculpting – CoolSculpting is an ideal solution for people who are within a few pounds of their ideal weight with fat bulges that are two-inches or less when pinched. It is especially effective for treating love handles and muffin tops. CoolSculpting is a non-invasive treatment that freezes excess fat cells, causing them to die and gradually be eliminated by the body’s natural processes. It does not harm skin or muscles, so there is no down time.
- CoolSculpting vs. Liposuction – Liposuction is appropriate for our patients who want dramatic, rather than subtle results. The doctors may recommend lipo to patients with more than an inch or two of pinchable fat in the chosen treatment area. Liposuction is an invasive procedure. It carries the risk of all surgeries such as anesthesia risks and blood clots, and may require downtime of up to a few weeks.
- CoolSculpting vs.Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) – This surgery flattens the abdomen by removing extra fat and skin, and tightening muscles in your abdominal wall. It remains the gold standard for treating loose and excess abdominal skin, particularly in post-pregnant women and people who have lost a considerable amount of weight. Like liposuction, abdominoplasty carries surgical risks such as bleeding, infection, and scarring. It can take up to six weeks before a patient can resume his/her normal activities.
How to Prepare for a CoolSculpting Consultation
Great endings in cosmetic enhancement start with great beginnings. At our practice, we start with an in-depth consultation with each patient. You will have the opportunity to discuss your physical and cosmetic goals, and share information about yourself and your lifestyle. A clinician will evaluate you as a candidate for non-surgical body contouring and determine whether CoolSculpting is the right approach to solve your problem.
You should come to the consultation prepared to discuss your complete medical history, including:
- Medical conditions (past and present)
- Drug allergies
- Previous surgeries
- Current medications (prescription, OTC, herbal)
- Use of alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs
- Your chief motivation for undergoing CoolSculpting
- The outcome you expect from the treatment
Your preliminary consultation will also include:
- A physical to evaluate the elasticity of your skin
- A discussion of your options and the doctor’s recommended course of treatment
- A review of likely outcomes, including risks or potential complications
- A discussion of healing, recovery, and benefits
How to Prepare for Your CoolSculpting Treatment
On the day of your CoolSculpting treatment, you should arrive at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery early to complete patient paperwork. We suggest that you wear loose, comfortable clothing that can provide easy access to the treatment areas. Beyond that, there is very little to do. There are no special pills or food that you need to take, and neither local anesthesia nor painkillers are required.
In some instances, the doctors may recommend that patients avoid blood thinners to reduce the risk of bruising.
What to Expect During & After a CoolSculpting Treatment
Dealing with unfamiliar faces in unfamiliar places can be unnerving. That doesn’t happen at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery. Our patients are able to stay relaxed and at ease because CoolSculpting is an in-office treatment.
During this simple treatment, a gel pad will be placed on the area to protect your skin from frostbite. The treatment device draws the fat bulge up between two cooling panels. Most patients describe the sensation as a firm, but painless pull and tug. A specialized applicator is used to painlessly cool the fat cells in the targeted area. There are several different shapes and types of applicators to fit and sculpt different body shapes and bulges.
A treatment may last from one to several hours, depending on how much body contouring you are having done. During that time, you can read, talk on the phone, watch a movie on your mobile device, or just lie back and snooze. When your treatment is finished, you can return to your regular activities immediately.
No supplements or medications are required after your CoolSculpting treatment. It’s not a diet or exercise program, so you won’t need to change your lifestyle, though many of our patients do feel more motivated to take care of themselves after a CoolSculpting treatment.