Liposuction is a plastic surgery procedure that uses minimally invasive techniques to slim and reshape areas in your body with unwanted fat that doesn’t respond to weight loss and exercise. To help make your liposuction experience as stress-free as possible, we’re sharing the steps you can take to feel prepared, empowered, and at ease as the exciting day approaches.
How to Physically Prepare for Liposuction
The first step in getting your body ready for its lipo transformation is consulting with the doctors at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery. We’ll discuss what to expect and answer any of your questions concerning the procedure. We also take a detailed medical history and perform a physical exam at this time.
Pre-operative tasks for you to follow include:
- Stopping smoking to promote better healing and circulation.
- Not taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, or herbal medications that can increase bleeding.
- Staying hydrated before and after surgery for a safe recovery.
You might also want to prepare a spot in your home where you can relax as you recuperate. Think about moving essential items off of high shelves, and place some snacks, magazines, and a favorite blanket in a “recovery nest” to increase your comfort.
What Happens Before Your Liposuction Surgery
The skilled, caring, and compassionate professionals at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery are committed to ensuring your liposuction experience is a comfortable and positive one.
Before your plastic surgery begins, we conduct a pre-operative process where you:
- Fill out a few final forms.
- Have photographs taken for before and after comparison.
- Meet once more with your surgeon to go over your procedure’s details.
This is also the time to ask any further questions you might have.
What to Expect After Liposuction
Once your liposuction procedure is complete, you may experience some soreness for the first 24 to 72 hours. You’ll likely notice some swelling of the treated areas, which tends to peak around the second day after surgery. A compression garment we place over treated areas helps reduce this swelling. Some bruising can occur, but it’s usually mild and lasts anywhere from seven to ten days. You might also feel some mild numbness or temporary firmness over the treated areas.
The good news is the majority of our patients return to most normal activities within a day or two. But we do ask you to refrain from strenuous activities for approximately two to three weeks after the procedure. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help with childcare, pet care, and rides to appointments so you can focus on healing!
Book Your Plastic Surgery Consultation Today!
Napa Solano Plastic Surgery offers a wide range of life-enhancing cosmetic surgery procedures as well as non-invasive treatments provided through our medical spa. We invite you to schedule an appointment today to learn more about any of the services we offer or for further tips on preparing for your upcoming liposuction surgery.
Napa Solano MediSpa has launched its new website, and we can’t wait for you to check it out! Whether you’re looking for a therapeutic facial or wrinkle-eliminating Juvederm treatment, we’re here to help you reveal your beauty from the inside out. We combine innovative skin and medical spa technologies and techniques to give you a truly unique skincare experience.
Facials, Juvederm Treatments, Laser Treatments, and More!
What can you expect when you visit Napa Solano MediSpa? Here’s an overview of our menu of services, all designed to beautifully maintain your well-being and vibrancy.
Safe and effective injectable treatments refresh and rejuvenate, giving you volume correction and eliminating wrinkles.
- Juvederm Ultra, Ultra Plus, Vollure XC, Volbella XC, Voluma XC, and Restylane are acid dermal fillers suitable for all skins types, are used to smooth away facial wrinkles and folds, and provide natural-looking results.
- Wrinkle relaxers like Botox and Dysport reduce and prevent the signs of aging, softening forehead, eye, and other facial lines.
- Biodegradable Nova threads are ideal for brow, eye, neck, and mid and lower facelifts.
- Sculptra Aesthetic is a poly-L-lactic or PLLA collagen stimulator that helps restore the underlying structure of your face and body’s skin.
- PRP: Platelet Rich Plasma is a fantastic 100% natural addition to our practice. Used with different fillers, it offers maximum collagen stimulation.
We offer a variety of laser treatments to improve your skin’s appearance by remodeling tissue and collagen, including:
These non-invasive skin procedures repair or eliminate everything from sun damage to dilated blood vessels.
Our aestheticians are skilled and compassionate and ready to pamper and refresh you and your skin, so you’re prepared to take on life with a sense of renewal! We provide a range of services that exfoliate, cleanse, and hydrate your face, including:
We also offer lash extensions that add extra length and volume to your existing lashes.
Napa Solano MediSpa offers four safe and non-invasive procedures to change your body’s shape and help you feel more confident.
- Coolsculpting delivers controlled cooling on your skin’s surface, breaking down fat cells just beneath the skin.
- Votiva vaginal rejuvenation uses laser technology to improve intimate wellness.
- Sclerotherapy is an effective treatment for reticular and spider veins.
- Microneedling is an innovative treatment for fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
Book Your Consultation Today!
Customized medical spa treatments like deep cleansing facials, injectables, and laser treatments can help you look and feel your personal best.
If you’re ready to experience one or more of Napa Solano MediSpa’s signature skincare treatments, we invite you to schedule an appointment today and see for yourself why we’re one of Napa’s finest medical and aesthetic spas.
Napa Solano Plastic Surgery offers the latest technologies in cosmetic surgery to enhance your appearance, including liposuction, breast enhancements, and face and neck lifts. For people who want to improve or correct parts of their body they might be self-conscious about, our MediSpa treatments like laser hair removal or injectable smooth gel fillers are often the best solution. No matter which you choose, each of our services is designed to reveal your beauty from the inside out.
Waxing or Laser Hair Removal?
If you want to remove unwanted hair on your face or body, you have several ways to do it, including shaving, waxing, and laser hair removal. They all offer different levels of smoothness, though the results from waxing and laser treatments last far longer than shaving.
- Waxing can be performed either with hot wax that’s removed with a cloth strip or hard wax without the strip. It’s an efficient hair removal procedure that can be used on your body and face, preventing ingrown hairs and lessening hair growth.
- Laser hair removal is a safe yet powerful treatment that targets even the most stubborn hair. A more effective treatment than other hair removal options, its precise targeting of the treatment area ensures there’s no damage to the surrounding skin.
Napa Solano Plastic Surgery’s non-invasive Diolaze™ laser system is hassle-free, permanent, and over time more cost-effective than waxing and shaving. Hair loss is often achieved in four to six sessions, and the treatment features a low “ouch” factor!
Additional Laser Treatments
As an alternative to plastic surgery, Napa Solana MediSpa’s non-invasive, laser-based medical spa treatments rejuvenate and enhance your unique beauty and help achieve your cosmetic goals without the need for surgery. Services we offer include:
- Laser skin resurfacing to restore your skin’s elasticity and fullness. Our Sciton® erbium laser skin resurfacing procedure removes a layer of skin in a precise manner so a new, healthy layer can replace it. Depending on which treatment you choose, laser skin resurfacing can accomplish everything from eliminating fine lines and sunspots to improving skin tone and texture.
- Spider vein treatment quickly and safely reduces unsightly facial and leg veins, with no anesthesia required. During the procedure, a laser light targets the blood cells in the veins, damaging them to the point they shrink and eventually dissolve.
Book Your Consultation Today!
Napa Solano Plastic Surgery offers a wide range of premier cosmetic surgery procedures as well as non-invasive treatments provided through our medical spa. Regardless of which procedure or treatment you choose, our goal is the same—to ensure our patients receive the attention, care, and results they want. We strive to make you look and feel your best! We invite you to schedule an appointment today and see for yourself why we’re Napa’s finest medical and aesthetic spa.
Everyone wants the most healthy and beautiful skin possible. Together with your at-home skincare routine, aesthetic procedures like hydrafacials and micropeels help treat sun damage, minimize signs of aging, and keep your skin looking its best.
We know that when you look your best, you feel your best!
The medical aestheticians at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery’s MediSpa provide an array of facial treatments. They can recommend skincare services and regimens that help you achieve your skin rejuvenation goals and reduce the effects of aging.
The Difference Between Hydrafacials and Micropeels
Different people have different skincare goals. Some want a more even skin tone and texture, while others desire no noticeable pores or spots. Each wished-for outcome requires a treatment designed for a particular skin issue. Certain facial treatments clean, exfoliate, and tone. Others nourish and hydrate your skin. But they all provide the extra help your skin needs to renew.
Unlike regular or deep cleansing facials, a Hydrafacial focuses on rehydrating your skin. The non-invasive procedure involves face exfoliation, cleansing, extraction, and hydration and delivers near-instant results in improved skin tone. Dead skin cells and impurities are painlessly removed to improve the appearance of dry, oil, acne-prone, and sun-damaged skin as well as fine lines and wrinkles and hyperpigmentation.
Safe and non-invasive, a micropeel combines the rejuvenating effects of a chemical peel with the skin-refreshing benefits of microdermabrasion. It provides a deep level of exfoliation, destroying dead skin cells in a controlled fashion so new skin can quickly grow and replace it. The chemicals used in micropeels come in different strengths that determine how deeply they penetrate your skin.
Other Aesthetician Services We Offer
Napa Solano also offers other non-surgical skin treatments to improve your skin’s appearance and give it a smooth, clear look.
- Jelly Mask Cleansing Facials. Ideal for uplifting dull skin while soothing your senses, a Jelly Mask cleansing facial has a hydrating base filled with fresh ingredients that hydrates, smooths, moisturizes, exfoliates, cleanses, and tones your skin. The treatment encourages healthy skin and helps your facial pores avoid clogging.
- VI Peel. If you want a soothing remedy for acne scars, wrinkles, or hyperpigmentation, a VI Peel is a perfect choice. This moderate-depth chemical peel is appropriate for all skin types. It uses a blend of ingredients like salicylic acid, phenol, and TCA to improve skin texture and improve signs of aging.
- Lash extensions. Want to enhance your eyes or cover aging eyelashes? Lash extensions are safe for all skin types and generally last about four weeks. While they’re a popular treatment for people attending big events or holiday parties, they’re also a great choice for everyday use.
Cutting-Edge Esthetic Service From Industry Experts
The menu of aesthetician services at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery’s MediSpa is provided in all three of our safe and welcoming locations. Talk to one of our staff members today about creating a personalized and customized facial treatment plan that best fits your needs.
Are you confused by what you’ve heard about facelifts? Have you decided a facelift is right for you, but you’re not sure which option’s best? Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we hear at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery about the procedure. We hope the answers give you greater clarity about your treatment choices.
What is a facelift?
Technically called a “rhytidectomy,” a facelift is a surgical procedure that minimizes the signs of aging on your face and neck. The result is a more youthful and refreshed appearance. A good facelift performed by a skilled surgeon looks completely natural.
What happens during facelift surgery?
Depending on the areas your surgeon is correcting, they might use several different techniques during your facelift. After you’re anesthetized, incisions are usually made from your hairline around the temple down to the lower scalp. The surgeon then sculpts or removes fat, repositions underlying tissue, and lifts facial muscles. If you’re treating an aging neck, your procedure might also include a small incision under the chin. Once the facelift’s complete, the incisions are closed with skin adhesives or sutures.
What results can I expect from a facelift?
Because every person’s facial anatomy is unique, no two facelifts yield the same results. That said, their years of experience with diverse facial types make it possible for the surgeons at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery to accurately predict what results you can expect.
Are there risks involved when getting a facelift?
All surgical procedures come with risks, but serious complications following a facelift are extremely rare. As long as you work with a qualified plastic surgeon, your procedure should be a safe one.
Will I have scars after a facelift?
Yes, all facelifts involve scarring. But when the surgery is performed by a skilled plastic surgeon, the scars are hidden and barely noticeable. On the rare occasion a patient has more noticeable scars on their hairline or behind their ears, the surgeon can perform scar revision to minimize their appearance.
Is a Facelift Right For You?
While other options are available, surgical facelifts remain an excellent choice for people who want improved facial definition, smoother skin, and an overall younger appearance. They’re generally considered to still be one of the most effective ways to lift sagging facial tissue and eliminate sagging neck skin.
There’s no set age for who can and can’t get a facelift. What’s most important is that you’re in good health and have realistic expectations for your facelift results. The best way to determine if a facelift is right for you is to consult with a trusted facial plastic surgeon. To learn more or to get answers to any other questions you might have, contact Napa Solano Plastic Surgery today.
For people who want the benefits of more permanent solutions like face or neck lifts but without the surgery, injectables are a popular alternative. Treatments like Botox and Juvéderm are highly effective at minimizing or eliminating the appearance of wrinkles and restoring a more youthful appearance.
Napa Solano Plastic Surgery’s MediSpa provides safe and effective injectable services in a calm, secure, and comfortable environment. Our experienced healthcare professionals offer quality care designed to give you an amazing skin enhancement experience that maintains your well-being and vitality.
In addition to Botox and Juvéderm, we also offer Nova threads, Sculptra collagen, Restylane, and PRP or platelet rich plasma injections for collagen stimulation.
The Difference Between Botox and Juvéderm
When most people hear the phrase “cosmetic injections,” they tend to think of either Botox or Juvéderm, two dermal fillers that give excellent results. We’re often asked if one is better than the other. The answer depends on your individual needs, but the two treatments, both of which are FDA-approved injectables, do have some key differences.
- Botox is a purified protein that relaxes the muscles that cause fine lines, wrinkles, and folds in your skin. It’s extremely effective at removing or reducing wrinkles in key areas, including around your eyes and on your forehead.
- Juvéderm is a line of fillers that, unlike a relaxer like Botox, work by filling in grooves and lines to eliminate wrinkles and smooth the skin. We carry the full Juvéderm line, including Juvéderm Ultra, Juvéderm Ultra Plus, Juvéderm Vollure XC, Juvéderm Volbella XC, and Juvéderm Voluma XC.
The major difference between Botox and Juvéderm is the wrinkles they each work on. Botox is preferred to “expression lines” that develop as your skin ages, such as the ones that appear when you smile, squint, or frown. Juvéderm is best for wrinkles present when your face is at rest. It helps replenish areas where your skin’s volume has been lost due to age or another reason.
Another key difference is how long the two treatments last.
- Botox’s results typically last between three and six months, but regular use may extend the results for more extended periods.
- A single treatment of Juvéderm lasts from nine to 18 months, depending on the concentration of hyaluronic acid.
Choose Injectables for Natural and Long-Lasting Results
Injectable treatments at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery’s MediSpa are provided by our qualified aestheticians in all our safe and welcoming locations, including Napa, Vacaville, and Sonoma. To learn more about which injectable treatment is right for you or to schedule a skincare consultation, get in touch with us today.