Are you thinking of investing in cosmetic surgery? Have you been searching for a “plastic surgeon near me” but are still unsure what you should be looking for or the questions you should ask?
To help make your plastic surgery experience as stress-free as possible, we’re sharing our best “before, during, and after” steps that will leave you feeling ready, empowered, and comfortable as the day for your procedure approaches.
Before Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure: Consultation
A pre-surgery consultation with your plastic surgeon is a great way to develop a rapport, ask questions, and decide which treatment is right for you. A typical consultation at Napa Solano Plastic Surgery includes:
- Discussing the procedure you want performed.
- Learning about your medical history.
- Establishing your goals and expectations.
- What to expect during recovery.
Your surgeon will also discuss any risks and benefits of your chosen procedure. They might also perform a physical exam and request blood or other diagnostic tests to ensure you’re a good candidate for surgery.
You’ll also receive pre-operative instructions specific to your procedure but typically contain standard directions like not smoking, avoiding certain supplements and medications, and arranging for transportation to and from our facility.
Lastly, your surgeon will help you mentally prepare for your procedure, including sharing tips for keeping your expectations of the outcome realistic.
During the Procedure: What Happens in Surgery
People have many cosmetic surgery procedures to choose from, including breast augmentation, liposuction, and tummy tucks. Each type has its specific process, but all surgeries have these things in common:
- Anesthesia. All plastic surgery procedures use some form of anesthesia to ensure you remain safe and comfortable.
- Incisions. Plastic surgeons use different techniques during cosmetic surgery based on the work being done. Examples include endoscopic surgery, flap surgery, skin grafts, laser technology, and tissue expansion.
- Surgery. Standard surgical methods involve removing excess skin, placing implants, and resizing or reshaping tissues.
- Closure. The surgeon uses sutures or staples to close your incisions. The wound is then dressed.
Post-Surgery: What to Expect in Recovery
Once your plastic surgery procedure is complete, it’s time for recovery to begin. Your surgeon will provide you with detailed instructions on caring for your incisions and how to use any drains or medical devices.
If necessary, you’ll be prescribed pain medications or receive recommendations for over-the-counter pain relievers to help manage any discomfort you might experience. You might notice some swelling in the treated area, and there could be some bruising. Both conditions are usually mild and disappear within a week or so.
Your surgeon will schedule follow-up appoints to:
- Ensure your recovery is progressing as it should.
- Remove staples or sutures.
- Check for complications.
As for outcomes, depending on the procedure you choose, you could see immediate results, or it could take weeks or months for the full effects to be apparent.
Book a Plastic Surgery Consultation Today!
Are you ready to move forward with your plastic surgery procedure? Request a one-on-one consultation with a Napa Solano Plastic Surgery surgeon today or call our Napa (707-258-6053) or Vacaville (707-448-3436) facilities to learn more.